Free for Drivers Ages 21 and Younger
Driver’s Edge is a free half-day program for drivers ages 21 and younger (with a valid license or permit) that teaches real life emergency avoidance and response techniques and overall driver safety. Taught by true driving professionals through a unique combination of behind the wheel and classroom experiences, Edge was specifically developed to address the unacceptably high number of youth related automobile collisions and fatalities that occur each year.
Programs are conducted on an annual National Tour (visiting multiple cities throughout the United States) and on an ongoing basis in Las Vegas, Nevada, the home of Driver’s Edge.
- Edge has conducted programs in 48 different cities in 27 different states
- Educating over 120,000 students and parents
Behind the Wheel Instruction
Every student has a chance to get behind the wheel of a car with a true professional instructor sitting next to them at all times. Taught by professional racing drivers and professional performance driving instructors from some of the world’s most famous and respected driving schools, each student has a behind the wheel experience that includes:
- EVASIVE LANE CHANGE MANEUVERS
- ABS BRAKING EXERCISES
- PANIC BRAKING INSTRUCTION
- SKID CONTROL INSTRUCTION
Our instructors are some of the finest in the country, including:
- Current and former professional racing drivers
- Professional performance drivers from film and television
When not behind the wheel, students and their parents attend interactive presentations including:
Local Law Enforcement Module
We invite local and state police to participate to give them a chance to show that they’re real people too! They put on an awesome interactive module that includes:
- A MOCK FIELD SOBRIETY TEST
- THE EFFECTS OF IMPAIRED AND DISTRACTED DRIVING
- WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO ACT IF YOU’RE EVER PULLED OVER, AND
- AN OPEN Q&A ON WHATEVER YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT
Car Care Module
The car care module includes some of the essential things you need to know, presented with a little Driver’s Edge spin on topics such as:
- ESSENTIAL CAR CARE INFO
- TIRE SAFETY
- PROPER SEATING, STEERING WHEEL AND MIRROR POSITIONS
- PROPER SEATBELT USAGE
- DISTRACTED DRIVING, AND
- WHATEVER REVEREND MIKE DECIDES TO RANT ABOUT…
What Students Say
99.9% say Driver’s Edge has helped them to become a safer driver.
99.7% feel what they learned at Edge could help them avoid a potential collision.
99% would recommend Driver’s Edge to other teen drivers.
What Parents Say
99% would recommend Driver’s Edge to other parents and their teen drivers.
99% think Driver’s Edge should be a required part of driver’s education.